The New Mexico Mining Association (NMMA) is a trade association organized in 1939 and incorporated in 1968. Our members include:
- Companies that explore, produce and refine metals, coal, and industrial materials.
- Companies that manufacture and distribute mining and mineral processing; equipment and supplies.
- Individuals engaged in various phases of the mineral industry.
- The NMMA serves as the chief spokesman for the mining industry in New Mexico. The association works in cooperation with other state mining associations and the National Mining Association to advocate for and keep the industry informed of pending legislation. The organization also promotes constructive programs and actions that will adequately recognize and serve mining’s special problems and needs.
- The NMMA serves the industry on a wide range subjects, such as taxation, environmental quality, public lands, health and safety, and education through the expertise of its members and member companies.